Subject: [Leica] Here Kyle, let me help with your head.
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Thu Oct 6 06:53:04 2005

Kyle;

I'd be the first to agree with you about Cindy Sherman. If you are going
to compile a meaningful list of hacks, may I add Anne Geddes and William
Wegeman. Can't walk by a Barnes and Noble book rack featuring their
latest without out wanting to (please excuse my frankness)/* PUKE!
*/
Nonetheless, I've yet to be able to connect with your approach. Maybe
it's my lack of insight or imagination? I'm quite a ways past my prime
and that may have dulled my aesthetic sensibility. Age sometimes
squeezes us into a rut that's hard to escape.  Ask B.D., I'm sure he'll
back me up there.

Still, when clicking on you links, after reading your sometimes overly
anxious introductions, I'm bewildered. Although it's certainly not my
intent to try and criticize your imagery, I might be able to help a bit
with the swollen head syndrome.

The  below listed gentleman's  way of dealing with a /*goth*/ approach
to reality might help;

http://www.magnumphotos.com/c/htm/FramerT_MAG.aspx?Stat=Portfolio_DocThumb&V=CDocT&E=2TYRYDAEYHMT&DT=ALB

Walt

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Here Kyle, let me help with your head.)