Subject: [Leica] DR Summicron & M6
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun Oct 2 19:29:42 2005

Focus on infinity does the trick.  I had a heartstopping moment trying to
mount my DR on my M6TTL once.  But since I'd mounted it before with no
problems, I realized I must be doing something different.  Then I
remembered what I'd read (on Stephen Gandy's site?) about mounting with the
focus on infinity.  It probably has something to do with the close-focus
part of the lens cam getting in the way of something.

Which reminds me:  I keep reading that the DR Summicron won't work on the
Bessa R series (which may also mean, by inference, an Epson RD-1).  I'm not
sure if this means:

1. The DR really won't mount.
2.  You have to focus on infinity to mount it.
3. The close range won't work (the RF window is in the wrong place, and the
body is different, so the googles are useless even if they do mount.

--Peter