Subject: [Leica] Where New Haven is
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun Oct 2 14:48:24 2005

I grew up in Troy, Ohio which, in earlier times, well before I was
born, had an island of tree running down Main Street along with
matching trees on either side. A local traction line decided that it
really wanted the land down the middle of the street for its tracks so
they came in during the night and cut the trees down, the traction
line was run, failed, the tracks pulled up and paved over, all before
I was born. Today a light rail system would be a boon, especially
given the state of traffic on I-75.

I look forward to my first visit to Charlotte. I lived in Charleston,
S.C. for a few years, our first child was born there, but we haven't
return since PARCHE moved to Mare Island. In fact I haven't been
further south than Norfolk (last winter) since then.

We've decided that we're return to New Orleans when we can - to pump
some money into the local economy when the time is right, probably
sooner rather than later since I think they'll need it.

Adam