Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW Urban wilderness
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Sun Oct 2 10:00:12 2005

Don,

great shots. Liked them all.

Don Dory wrote:

> Well, after seeing daily scenes from the overpopulated British Isles this
> year, I decided to see what wilderness there was in urban Atlanta. It seems
> that there is quite a bit, sort of. First up is a playground buried in the
> forest. These trees are probably 80-100 years old as that is when they
> stopped lumbar operations in Atlanta. The trees are so small because
> bedrock
> is about half a meter below the soil.
>  http://gallery.leica-users.org/album280/playgroundII

I thought you meant literally buried, but the way you have shot it the trees
(pines?) really seem to overwhelm the playground.

>  I liked the rock in the middle of the creek reflecting the forest
> surrounding and enclosing.
>  http://gallery.leica-users.org/album280/rockI

I really like this, but I feel that it needs something to bring out the
contrast
a bit more maybe? It may be that you have quite a range going from side to
side
of the image and that gives me the effect that is disturbing me?

>  Last up for this week is a creek wandering through this urban wilderness.
> While the water has been slowly wearing away the bones of the earth history
> has passed by with little effect on what is here. You would never know that
> an entire civilization of Cherokee passed by, more than 7000 men died in
> the
> immediate vicinty as recently as 1864, or that 150 yard uphill a
> neighborhood of cottages and bungalows is being gentrified into McMansions.
>  http://gallery.leica-users.org/album280/waterfallwide

You wouldn't!

thanks for posting them,

Peter Dzwig