Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW Urban wilderness
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Oct 2 07:30:55 2005

Well, after seeing daily scenes from the overpopulated British Isles this
year, I decided to see what wilderness there was in urban Atlanta. It seems
that there is quite a bit, sort of. First up is a playground buried in the
forest. These trees are probably 80-100 years old as that is when they
stopped lumbar operations in Atlanta. The trees are so small because bedrock
is about half a meter below the soil.
 http://gallery.leica-users.org/album280/playgroundII
 I liked the rock in the middle of the creek reflecting the forest
surrounding and enclosing.
 http://gallery.leica-users.org/album280/rockI
 Last up for this week is a creek wandering through this urban wilderness.
While the water has been slowly wearing away the bones of the earth history
has passed by with little effect on what is here. You would never know that
an entire civilization of Cherokee passed by, more than 7000 men died in the
immediate vicinty as recently as 1864, or that 150 yard uphill a
neighborhood of cottages and bungalows is being gentrified into McMansions.
 http://gallery.leica-users.org/album280/waterfallwide
 Many thanks to Graham for getting me into a different surrounding than
normal.
 Enjoy, comment, shoot more pictures.
 Don
don.dory@gmail.com