Subject: [Leica] DMR at 1600 iso
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Fri Sep 30 14:03:45 2005

In a message dated 9/30/2005 3:43:39 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
bdcolen@comcast.net writes:

one  should not have to buy a Noctilux because it won't produce good results
at  800 or 1600. This is, frankly what has me worried about the digital M  -
aside from the price. ;-)

Ah,  dear B.D. and what if one owns a Noctilux and wishes to use it  for
digital at 800 iso?   See this is what you are missing about the  DMR, the
sales
of them are relatively low, but people already own the camera and  the
glass.

Witness all the people who struggle to make good pictures by cobbling up a
Canon with it's gawdawful ergonomics with Leica glass.  I can't believe you
are constantly bringing up the price as an argument.

Sure it is cheaper to own an Oly like you, or a Pentax *istDs like  mine.
But at the same time I got this chunk of glass that sucks the light  out of
room, and I want to use it.   If I had an R8 and a few  lenses, I'd probably
be
in that line for a DMR.  So now I wait, and  wish.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana