Subject: [Leica] DMR at 1600 iso
From: telyt at telus.net (David Young)
Date: Fri Sep 30 10:02:41 2005

Jim Nichols wrote:

> Robert,
>
> You don't indicate which camera took which picture.  The first image
> is somewhat warmer in colors, but I suspect the second more accurately
> represents the actual scene.  Would you care to clarify this issue?
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA

I'm going to go out on a limb, here... like Jim, I'm voting for the
second shot being the Canon shot - specifically because #850 has a more
accurate rendition of the copper pipes (I have no idea of the actual
colour of the furnace and the DM-R is still rumoured to have some AWB
"issues") and because on the burner housing, near the top left, the
first shot shows 2 white spots of whatever, with a third, in line with
them and right on the edge, barely visible.  In the second shot, this
smaller, edge spot is distinctly visible... something I would expect of
a higher mp sensor.

As for noise... I don't see a lot of difference... and both far outdo
film at this ISO!

So Robert - which one is which?

--
David Young,