Subject: [Leica] Focomat IC questions
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Tue Sep 27 13:40:50 2005

M.R., the  DOOGS is Leica's code word for your enlarging lens, so if  you
can't use it, that problem is solved. {To remove the lens, just turn it
counter-clockwise with your hand.] Once you get a new lens, you just screw
it on  in a
clock-wise direction. Any 39mm [Leica screw-mount] thread will do the job.
Yours might work just find if you clean it carefully, despite the haze &
scratches.
 {Do not use pliers, the American word for spanners, I believe; they  are
not
necessary. But if happen to have a 10-pound sledge hammer around, you  might
keep it in readiness in case of a real emergency.}

DOORX is the Leica code word for the extension tube that, I guess, you
screw
into the enlarger's lens thread before screwing in the enlarging lens. I
used a less expensive Leica enlarger, called a Valoy, with a 50mm/3.5 lens,
and
no extension tube.

The glass plate you mentioned can be cleaned with soap & water or glass
cleaner and a soft, clean cloth. The bulb, when needed, can be bought on
Ebay or
in Manhattan, maybe, in B&H or Adorama --or in some big  cities -- from some
big camera stores.

If I can find a free manual, I'll send it separately, regards, bob  cole