Subject: [Leica] Re: Focomat IC questions, followup and thanks
From: cleverlittlename at gmail.com (M. R.)
Date: Tue Sep 27 10:09:49 2005

Thanks so much for the prompt replies! I would love a copy of the manual if
you are able to find it. Forgive me if I am afraid to read too many of the
other messages on the list not already related to this one bit of Leica gear
I have stumbled into; the last thing I need is another (photographic)
addiction I can't support! (I am a sucker for really good glass--have been
spending all my time shooting with a Rollei 3.5E Planar instead of my modern
Canon kit....).
 My next task will be unscrewing the extention tubes off the hazy elmar,
cleaning the anti-newton plate, finding the best way to remove 20 yrs of
dust from the light path, and figuring out the autofocus (and how to move to
head up and down the post). It's such a gorgeous piece of equipment I am
terrified of breaking/scratching/misaligning anything.
 BTW--the "M" in my M.R. stands for Michelle! :)