Subject: [Leica] Macro in the garden
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sun Sep 25 08:16:27 2005

Thanks for looking Luis and Don,
I've been trying different monochrome backgrounds for flowers for a
while now, white nearly always works, black only sometimes and
a pale sky-blue seems to work well with some yellow flowers (lilies and
crocuses).At the moment I'm trying some soft focus/blur effects
with very little success so far, I get the blur but no "glow" yet, more
when I get it right.
cheers
Douglas

On another subject - I finally found some software for getting the "aged
sepia"  effect I was looking for on pictures of sailing ships and
locomotives, in fact I'd had it for a while and only just found the option.
 In PureImage, a noise reduction software from mediachance, there's a
matching option. Just read in your BW shot, read, into a separate
window, a scan of an original sepia, toned, or BW shot from the period
you are trying to emulate, and the program applies the  spectrum of this
to your image. All very clever, it even converts it back to RGB!