Subject: [Leica] A 50mm question
From: peter_knowlden at telus.net (Peter Knowlden)
Date: Fri Sep 23 11:27:36 2005

Have been following the '50' debate and so I pulled out my 3.5 Elmar on
M3. I don't use it much because it is rather slow but chiefly because
the sliding tube is really tight, as is the focus. Apart from pricey
CLA, is there a simple fix for this?  Is the gasket sensitive to
lubricant? I normally shoot with a J8 or the Tele Elmar 135 when using
the M3  but I should make the collapsible lens functional as it is a
real space saver when travelling. Any comments would be welcome.
Peter