Subject: [Leica] #326 & #327
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Fri Sep 23 01:45:06 2005

GeeBee wrote:
> Leica IIIf : 50mm Summitar : red filter : Kodak T400 CN
> http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05326.htm
>

> Leica M6 : 50mm Noctilux : Kodak T400 CN
> http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05327.htm
>

> Graham
> http://geebeephoto.com

Graham,

Not really sure about 326 at all. I presume that it is a version of 325,
cropped
and with "a little light PS-work" done on it. I like the effect at the
bottom,
which I presume to be unsharp mask and not the Summitar. It reminds me of
something though I can't quite put my hand on what. The detailing in the
maize/corn is great, but not "Leica glow". The sky sort of works for me. It
has
similar effect to a heavily polarising filter, but too much so. But the
overall
combination just doesn't quite seem to gel.

It's great to see a IIIf being used creatively in the landscape though.

327 is a whole different kettle of fish, though. What a risk with M6 +
Nocti,
hope that it was firmly strapped round your neck! Very interesting angle on
it,
literally. It captures life on board a narrow-boat better than the more
scenic
views in other pictures. Not sure what I think about cropping the woman's
body
though. Why was she leaning back? Her mouth open laughing? It'd be great to
burn
in the plates a little more so that we could see what they were eating!

All the best,

Peter

Replies: Reply from geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee) ([Leica] #326 & #327)