Subject: [Leica] PAW 37 dlridings
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sun Sep 18 11:29:49 2005

Thanks, Ric. I have more, and I'll be going back under various weather
conditions, but I'm packing for Oslo now and short on time.

The place was a quarry for cobble-stones (square granite stones that a
lot of streets were paved in before asphalt came). It was worked from
the end of the 1800's until 1936. Activities just stopped, and there
is still a few blocks waiting at the harbor to be shipped. It's an
interesting place.

There are also quite a few inscriptions in the granite, like
gravestone inscriptions. I've seen something similar further south and
then it's been markers for sailors who washed up onto the shore; like
a grave marker.

I'm not sure if they are here. Most date from 1916. It sounds like a
boat went down.

I'll do more ...

Best,
Daniel