Subject: [Leica] Two simple questions
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sat Sep 17 07:21:59 2005

If you have the capability of channel splitting, try sharpening on the
luminance channel only, this at least avoids colour fringing effects and
artefacts.

I agree that FocusMagic is a pretty unbeatable tool, but has anyone
tried Neat Image? It does excellent noise reduction and you can select
whether to use RGB or YCbCr channels
in 3 frequency bands for each channel, for both NR and sharpening. It's
a pretty complicated piece of software and takes some getting used to,
but after a while you'll get the hang of the myriads of options. IMO, it
beats other software into a cocked hat.
Douglas