Subject: [Leica] image storage
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed Sep 14 21:14:58 2005

I am always a bit leery of any archiving software, at least if it
involves compression. I do my backups using the copy-paste commands to
an external HD; once I have verified that the copy is good, I then
delete the folder from the primary HD. Every image is also backed up up
on DVD.

The last external HD I bought, a couple of weeks ago, cost me about 50
cents/GB. At such prices, there is no reason NOT to be diligent about
backups.

Nathan