Subject: [Leica] Summicron-M 35 Lens recommendations?
From: lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda)
Date: Tue Sep 6 07:56:12 2005

On 06/09/2005, at 14:47, Eric Korenman wrote:

> My 4th gen seemed quite soft at the edges. A few months back I
> 'upgraded' to the asph and have been overjoyed with the results.
> Can't rule out that I had a bad 4th gen though..

mine looks fine at edges and corners, never had this feeling; but
certainly I do tend to fill the frame with things in the same plane
that the focused zone or something totally oof, so this problem
should be minimized for me.

It seems obvious that the ASPH should do it better or they will not
bother designing a new one, I was trying to mean that the difference
is like between estellar and excellent.

Saludos
http://imaginarymagnitude.net/blog/

Message from faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman) ([Leica] Summicron-M 35 Lens recommendations?)