Subject: [Leica] #303
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Sep 6 07:51:03 2005

GeeBee showed: his magic eye once again: ;-)
> Leica IIIf : 50mm Summitar f2 : red filter : Kodak T400CN
> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05303.htm

Hi Graham,

First class! Once again a beauty in simplicity through the eyes of a gifted
photographer!  Good on you once again. :-)

Now question?  The black area lower right corner ? My eye and attention is
drawn back to this part and it shouldn't be. However I took the liberty to
scroll up on screen and eliminate it just to the point where it disappears,
because I didn't want to spoil the vastness of the scene. In doing so the
field became even greater in size and as vast as a Canadian prairie
harvested field, like massive for miles.

With the black area in it seems to produce a smaller field size with an
ending. Without it? See for yourself.. What think you?

My question is not to say it should be cropped, but crop it out and see how
enormous the scene becomes.  But then I have to clarify..." it maybe because
of my one eyed way of looking at the world." ;-)

Quite frankly, once again I have to say, " I wish I'd taken that photograph!
:-)

ted

Replies: Reply from geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee) ([Leica] #303)