Subject: [Leica] my flag project is online/ Karen Schreiber
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun Sep 4 11:43:07 2005

No, Adam - I am not suggesting that everyone flying the flag is a mindless
dolt. What I am suggesting is that the flag is being flown by many mindless
dolts, and when we have reached the point where t.v. anchormen on t.v.
stations and networks in the U.S. feel compelled to wear American flag lapel
pins, the display of the flag has become either meaningless, or political,
and I don't want to add to either. If I wanted to make a political statement
I'd fly the flag and fly it upside down - but I do not want to contribute to
the politicization of the flag. Period.

None of which has anything to do with Karen's photos, some of which are very
intriguing.

B. D.