Subject: [Leica] my flag project is online/ Karen Schreiber
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Sep 4 10:10:05 2005

B. D. Colen offered:

> More to the point - If we live in America, and are Americans, why do we
> have
> to fly flags or plaster flag stickers on our cars to tell people that
> we're
> Americans? The flag has, unfortunately, become a political symbol.<<<

Hi B.D.,
We Canadian's have rarely if ever been as demonstrative as you folks south
of the border about who we are, ie: flying the flag of our country.

Even Canada Day, celebrated on July 1, one hardly saw but a few flags here
and there any time. But after 9-11 and the show of flags in your country we
kind of changed some what, but still not a big deal.

Actually the last time I remember seeing lot's of flags about, car antennas,
homes and other places was.... "When we won the Gold Medal for hockey at
Salt Lake City in the Winter Olympics beating yer guys! ;-) Now that was a
show of flags! :-)

But politically? Hell that doesn't count around here as the flag belongs to
our country not the game playing image making of politicians! No matter whom
they are.

ted

Replies: Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] my flag project is online/ Karen Schreiber)