Subject: [Leica] Re:Venezia honeymoon
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Sat Sep 3 05:58:50 2005

>Hello everyone,
>
>I'll be spending my November honeymoon in Italy.  I
>have about 14 days, and I'd like to spend most of them
>in Venice, but I'm not sure what it will be like in
>terms of weather and city life. Has anyone visited
>Venice in November?  Do you think I should instead
>take my travels to the south. My Leica M3 & Elmar
>2.8/50 will also go along. I'm considering a lot of
>Gold 100, with some Fugi 800 as well.
>
>Thanks,
>G Medina

G Medina

I've been in Venezia in my honeymoon in 1971. From then I went back
thirteen times, in fact I go every time I can as I think, and my wife
too, it's the most interesting place in the world just if you like
culture and art. You have the risk in November of finding the "aqua
alta" thats the floods of the lagoon inundate the whole town and however
they afford some platform for walking the visite is not so comfortable.
Don't miss the Piazza San Marco, the Doges palace, the Accademia museum,
the Murano and Burano islands, the Rialto Bridge and so many churches
some of them absolutely fascinating like San Giovanni at Paolo, Santa
Maria Formosa, San Zaccaria, Santa Maria della Salute, dei Frari and the
Scuole mainly the Grande di San Rocco . Get out of the tourist way from
San Marco ti Rialto and loose yourselves in the Getto, in Dorsoduro and
everywhere because the main problem is the ammount of tourist people.

Speaking of photography mind wide as the streets are truly narrow. The
most used lens in Venezi is 21 and 24mm but I confess I dont like street
pictures with a very big exception the Carnevale where people is
*asking* you to get photographied.

Enjoy your trip and do not hesitate to contact me and the italian
members of the LUG

Regards

Felix