Subject: [Leica] Lens hoods
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Sep 1 20:00:05 2005

A while back I picked up a 50 Summilux R with the built in hood.  I
never felt much faith in that hood so I tried a metal Minolta lens
hood for a 100 and 135mm lens.  Surprise, surprise no vignetting.

Next I tried one of the Nikkor metal hoods for their 135mm lens on
another 50mm lens, again, no vignetting.

So now, I am rummaging through the junk drawers of all the camera
shops I hit looking for other old lens hoods to fit some of my other
lenses.  One bonus was the Nikon lens hood originally sold for their
62mm polarizer, it fits the 85mm Russian lens I bought from Dante.

Anybody else finding successful shading with putatively wrong size hoods?

Don
don.dory@gmail.com