Subject: [Leica] Apollo Theatre
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Aug 31 22:12:08 2005

On 8/31/05 8:50 PM, "Neil Schneider" <neilsimages@pipeline.com> typed:

> Hi Folks
>
> This is a different view of the Apollo theatre in NYC's Harlem.
> As always, all comments and critiques are sought and appreciated.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/People-And-Places/Apollo
>
> Neil
>

> "Predicting the future is mostly a matter of managing not to blink as
> you witness the present" -- William Gibson

You read down the list of the billboard or whatever it is and it says
Apollo armature night
THE MAGIC LIVES ON
FIRST ANNUAL APOLLO THEATER FOUNDATION FUNDRAISER
JUNE 20,.....
Apollo. jpg - Neil schneider (neilsimages)
Vote for this image
<<VOTE>>
[add comment]

The writing at the bottom of the photograph becomes part of the total work
of art, the "piece" of the photograph.
This is very "Bauhaus" and what I was taught in school.
In this case a very strong case made for it.
That the work of art goes right to the end of the frame.
The frame is as much of the work of art as the smile on the Mona Lisa.
Some would say so is the room you put it in.

A very distracting place to put copy.
I know part of the automatic gallery template whatever.
But a darn shame.

Perhaps you'd have the option of putting more space between your:
Apollo. jpg - neil schneider (neilsimages)
And the bottom of the photo.

It's white writing on a dark surface. Both photo and "caption" whatever
you'd call the stuff at the bottom.

Nice shot though.

Is that the 50-300 filter?! :)

Kojak!