Subject: [Leica] leica branded lenses
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Aug 26 15:09:24 2005

Frank Filippone said:
Subject: RE: [Leica] leica branded lenses

> If you are too young to remember lenses in the pre-Auto Diaphragm days,
> you
> will never fully appreciate the PIA it really is......  And why this type
> of
> lens quickly became extinct.  It is fine at full aperture, but stopped
> down,
> it really does kill any chance for sports photography or fast moving
> actions. .
>
> Ted says no big deal.... he is entitled to that opinion.....<<<

Hi Frank,
Yeah I'm old enough alright remember. ;-) But what I meant in my earlier
comment was shooting with the 20D and stopped down with apeture priority and
the camera still does the auto speed selection so it isn't any big deal
stopped down to easily f8.0. and still see to focus.

but the machines you're talking about it seems we took a hand held meter
reading set things ready and shot from there. But stayed close to wide open
to see.

Was this your meaning?

ted

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Leica branded lenses)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] leica branded lenses)