Subject: [Leica] leica branded lenses
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri Aug 26 08:47:20 2005

Doug, no arguments as to your analysis, but I find your conclusions
different from mine....

Users want the most new, the most number of pixels, faster motor drive, etc.
All short term needs ( wants?) and do not look at long term issues like
future compatibility.  the lenses, in my opinion, would sell really well.

Beaten to death or not, financial disaster is an around-the-corner issue for
Leica, and they had best do something to save their bacon.

Imagine all the Luggers that would buy a Canon or Nikon  mount lens to put
on their older film cameras or their new digital cameras.  That is its own
right is the reason to pursue the mount issue.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

In the first case Canon could make a minor change in the camera body
electronics to "break" compatability with the lens' electronics, rendering
the lens a very expensive paperweight unless all you wanted to use is an
older EOS body before the tweak.  Canon has done this to third-party lenses.

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] B. D. PAW)
Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] leica branded lenses)