Subject: [Leica] OT: good time to pick up an Elite 5400
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Thu Aug 25 16:28:00 2005

Hi Richard,

In fact I was read about the two light sources types, but you can see on the
lasts paragraph that he's talks about the 5400 as a diffuser light scanner.

http://www.normankoren.com/scanners.html

This is a copy of the text;
<<...Erik de Goederen of the Netherlands markets, the Scanhancer, a device
made of a special polymer resembling an ultrafine groundglass screen, that
diffuses the highly collimated light source in the Minolta DiMAGE Scan Multi
Pro. He claims significant advantages- lower grain and smoother tonal
gradations- even with color film. Check the site for availability with newer
scanners. I'd like to try one with my CanoScan FS4000US. The MINOLTA SCAN
ELITE 5400 HAS A DIFFUSER OPTION, which could be more of an advantage than
its high scan PPI......>>
Thanks for your details

Saludos cordiales,
Luis