Subject: [Leica] leica branded lenses
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Wed Aug 24 15:02:28 2005

On Aug 24, 2005, at 1:58 PM, B. D. Colen wrote:
> That brings us back once again to the suggestion that if Leica is
> to have a
> future, that future probably lies in producing lenses in Canon and
> Nikon
> mounts, or selling Leica lenses with red dotted Canon and Nikon
> adapters,
> rather than wasting money on trying to produce digital backs for a
> tiny
> handful of diehard fans.

which brings to mind...

I have been seeing more lenses bearing the name leica, than I ever
could have  dreamed of...

all in promotions for and on panasonics....

shouting cachet, screaming quality, selling for relatively low
prices...what is Leica getting out of this?

If they are not getting big bucks out of this, why are they doing it,
and
why won't they do it for other camera makers?

Steve

Replies: Reply from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] leica branded lenses)