Subject: [Leica] Universal viewfinder turret Russian Contax copy
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Aug 23 19:23:09 2005

Phillipe,
The Zeiss turret finder(and the various Russian copies) is pretty good
finder.  The view is about as squinty as the Kiev's viewfinder with
room around the edges like a proper rangefinder should be.  You also
get rudimentary parallax adjustment.  As to where, you have gotten
several good suggestions but also fedka.com has both versions for sale
at $95 to $115.

Also, should you come upon a Voigtlander Turnit 3 finder take a look.
It is a little on the large size but you will be rewarded by a very
large view with parallax adjustment.  Choices of view are 35, 50, and
100mm.

Zeiss made some truly wonderful single focal length finders and
sometimes you can fine them pretty cheaply.  I have one in 35mm that I
use on both the M's and the Contax's.

Last, if you find a Tewe finder or one of the many clones these are
well worth taking a look through.

There are many truly excellent finders out there, stumble on one that
suits you.  There is no one best finder.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com