Subject: [Leica] #284
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Aug 23 09:49:32 2005

Graham offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] #284

> http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05284.htm
>
> I have met with a degree of cynicism as to how genuine this shot is and
> the
> answer, curves and levels aside, is totally genuine.  Two people who's
> opinions I respect have commented on the light direction being 'odd'
> somehow
> but it is Gods' work not Adobes' work. For some I probably overdid the
> burning in of the sky area but that is the sky that was there.
>
> A few weeks ago I 'imported' a sky into one of my shots and despite the
> fact
> that I posted a link at the same time to where I got the sky from it led
> some confusion. This may now be leading people to think that I clone in
> elements of a shot from anywhere I fancy.
>
> I don't take my shots or myself seriously enough to consider the photos I
> post sacrosanct and I have seen my work with added formations of geese,
> squadrons of fighter aircraft, flying pigs etc and my reputation for
> adding
> inflatable props for added effect grows apace :-)
>
> However, to avoid any future confusion am stating here and now that I
> would
> never clone in a sky, or anything else for that matter, without declaring
> the result a composite at the time of posting.<<<<<

Hi Graham,
First off this is a fine photograph in the use of filter and darkroom
skills. The detractors are probably snarky miserable because they can't do
the same thing day after day! :-)

Quite frankly some folks may even be jealous of your constant daily showing
of photographer with talent and skills. Not to forget an amazing pair of
eyes to "SEE!"  And that my friend is what sorts out your work day after
day... the ability to see photographically. And technically

This is something one can learn, sometimes, or comes as a God given gift, an
absolute natural talent no different a gift than some muscians, artists and
others who've never had a lesson in thier lives. But constantly produce
excellent work, whatever it maybe.

In your case the consistancy must be a gift! :-) Either that or you're one
lucky puppy! :-)

Yes everyone on the list has their opinion rightly so and each has the right
to challenge the opinions offered, as I've learned many a time. ;-) However,
your work and credibility on a daily basis is so special, no you don't win
the golden ring every day, but who the hell does?.
So pay them no heed as your record speaks for itself!

ted