Subject: [Leica] Cow
From: tedgrant at (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Aug 22 17:09:47 2005

Didier Ludwig said and showed:

> Dear LUGgers
> > In my holidays in the swiss mountains I have created a little website
> > for a
> good friend, a bio agronomist living in the highest all-the-year habitated
> place of the alps, the Avers Valley in the canton of Grisons. The site
> contains a little photo-gallery, but there is only one picture I find
> postable on this list:
> ><<<<<<<

Hi Didier,
A very interesting 3 D cow effect! It looks like she's going to walk right
out of the frame. :-)

May I suggest because of the 3D effect and to make it even more so. ... Look
at he photograph and about an inch from the bottom right hand side there are
2 white stones close together... sort of one above the other. Crop the
bottom area off including he stones. Don't go any higher.

Now look at the print again. :-)

I swear that cow is stepping right off the page. It's a combination of
things, where the cow stands clean against a 3 D type background rolling off
into the distance, the cow's shadow adding effect and depth, it's quite an
effective photograph.

Now it's either all that or my only good eye I see with is creating this
effect because of the way I see the world.  However I think not as it's very

And if that's the first of a series we'll be watching for the rest.

good on you.

Replies: Reply from rangefinder at (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Cow)