Subject: [Leica] China Travel Advice
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Aug 22 14:23:15 2005

LUG:

My husband and I are going to China in October to use up our frequent
flier points and take a few photos ;-)  We've rented a condo in
Beijing from October 19th-26th and plan to do several side trips with
a guide from there.  We leave from Shanghai on November 8th.  What
should we do from October 26th until November 8th?  I would love some
rural countryside trips, but we can't do what we usually do and rent
a car and roam around.  Everything has to be planned in advance with
a guide and/or driver.  My husband thinks the Yangtze River cruise
would be nice but the web sites with those huge cruise ships give me
claustrophobia.  I'm afraid I would be photographing other tourists :-(

Who has been to China?  What would you suggest?

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Leically,

Tina
Since this is vacation and not work, I'll probably be taking my M7 ;-)

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] China Travel Advice)
Reply from spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng) ([Leica] China Travel Advice)