Subject: [Leica] PAW 33 dlridings
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sun Aug 21 05:35:07 2005

Pulled out some shots from my trip around northern Germany (Hansa
towns). One thing that strikes you when you travel around in former
DDR are the signs that life has been very tough ... and still is.
Former residents of DDR in Germany have less pay, even if they are
working side by side with colleagues from the old BRD, 20% less pay.

There was little or no interest for renovations during the DDR period.
That is both good and bad. Good because all the silly mistakes that
the west made could be avoided, but bad because it is getting very
close to being too late.

Churches in general were of very low priority:

http://www.dlridings.com/paw2005/33.html
Stralsund, M3, 21/4.0 Skopar

But side by side with the ruins, you see signs of rejuvenation:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album259/05v30_0044
same

There's a couple in b/w with the IIIf and Elmar too:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album259/05v30_0060
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album259/05v30_0061

But walking around on vacation (read: you have a job that you can take
off from) you are reminded that life is very tough even today.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album259/05v30_0052
I live here, what are you doing? Kiev 4A J-8M

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album259/05v30_0053
Cold heart city

Now to tackle what I've been putting off for far too long ... a new
place to live in Oslo.

Best,
Daniel

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Re: PAW 33 dlridings)