Subject: [Leica] Corrosion on Rear Door of M?
From: clzeni at mindspring.com (Craig Zeni)
Date: Wed Aug 17 07:36:35 2005

On Aug 16, 2005, at 9:50 PM, John O. Newell wrote:

> I was looking at an unused but early M6 today.  The only exception to
> its otherwise all-but-unused condition is what appears to be some
> corrosion of the (aluminum?) back on the bottom border below the
> leatherette.  The paint appears to be "bubbling up" but I expect it's
> the aluminum corroding while the paint still adheres to the metal.
> Has anyone seen anything like this before?

I recall looking at a black M6 a while back...had that same sort of
'pimples' of corrosion under the finish on the top cover...I seem to
recall reading that it was caused by perspiration...

--
Craig Zeni - REPLY TO -->> clzeni at mindspring dot com
http://www.trainweb.org/zeniphotos/zenihome.html

"Those are my principles, If you don't like them I have others" -
Groucho Marx