Subject: [Leica] New Posting . . .
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Aug 15 19:08:31 2005

Norm,
First, thanks for posting your images.  As Mark Rabiner would say,
show us your prints.

Ok, your first image:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Norms_Images/Bodnant_Flowers

is a case of good seeing but not wonderful execution.  The red flowers
with the purple/blue hydrangea in the background is a very good
setting.  The background you chose is a tad too busy.  If you could
have moved to the right and gotten possibly a tad closer then you
could have had a solid hydrangea background without the green leaves
and other distractions.  Or possibly moved left and up to put the
leaves as a background which have a lovely deep green color and
texture.

Next up is:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Norms_Images/Fountains_Abbey_monks_galley

Lovely seeing, good repeating arch.  Possibly shot too close to mid
day.  Would be lovely with much longer shadows mimicking the repeating
arch.  The image at least on my monitor is a tad soft.

Third, you posted:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Norms_Images/Lake_District_Dec_99

Lovely clouds, wonderful color, great traditional landscape
composition.  Good going.

Last:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Norms_Images/St_Annes_Evening

Great timing, good positioning of the sun and arch, wonderful color,
and you have kept some detail in the foreground.  Good
landscape/seascape.

Keep on posting, the discipline of using your camera makes you a much
better photographer, and we all enjoy seeing images from others.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com