Subject: [Leica] Eisenstaedt's The Kiss
From: jon.stanton at comcast.net (jon.stanton@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Aug 12 17:10:45 2005

"NBC News this evening (Friday, August 12), commorated Eisenstaedt's V Day
picture of the Nurse and Sailor entitled "The Kiss".  They showed a picture
of Eisenstaedt holding what appears to an old Rolleflex and, of course, the
implied suggestion is that he took the picture with a Rollie.  I always
assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that because of Eisenstaedt's mutual
admiration relationship with Leica that the picture was taken with a Leica.
Anyhone know for sure?"

I always heard Leica... BTW there was another story in the paper today about
2 sailors and a nurse claiming to be the subjects of that picture.....

Jon
Olympia, WA