Subject: [Leica] Re:Canon Anything vs. DMR
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri Aug 12 11:38:37 2005

At 02:10 PM 8/12/2005, you wrote:
>Hi Tina,
>
>I will wait until the new one is on the market, but based on what I
>have read so far, I still prefer the 1D2. I want the weather sealing
>and the ruggedness, features that this 5D evidently lacks. The
>full-frame sensor and the additional megapixels are less important
>for me -- the 8 MP from my 20D are already plenty enough for me.

I agree, Nathan.  When I chose the 1D Mark II over the 1Ds Mark II,
it wasn't just because of price.  The 1D is faster and has higher
ISOs and so is intended for photojournalism and sports
photography.  The 1Ds is more for slower fashion, commercial and
landscape where the size is more important than the speed.  It sounds
like this new camera is more like the 1Ds but without the weather
sealing and metal body.  My 1D is certainly heavy, but it's worth it
to have a more rugged camera.  I'm pretty rough on cameras!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Re:Canon Anything vs. DMR)
Message from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Re:Canon Anything vs. DMR)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Re:Canon Anything vs. DMR)
Message from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Re:Canon Anything vs. DMR)