Subject: [Leica] B&W elementary tech
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Aug 11 11:12:42 2005

God I never thought I'd end up defending wet prints...but Walt, the
suggestion that " Adobe Photoshop, Nikon Coolscan and a good Epson printer(
in the right hands) can blow away most wet prints" is complete and utter
nonsense, assuming you're referring to wet printing "in the right hands."

Digital printing is digital printing, whether using the OEM inks, or systems
such as the Cone quadtones, or MIS inks. And silver printing is silver
printing. Both will, in the hands of a competent printer, produce gorgeous
results. But neither will be 'better' than the other.

Now, if you want to say that a competent digital printer can more quickly
produce, and infinitely more quickly reproduce a print than even the best
wet printer, you're absolutely correct. :-)
B. D.