Subject: [Leica] OT: Minolta 5400 Scanner vs 20d
From: michael.francis at gs.com (Francis, Michael)
Date: Wed Aug 10 06:09:39 2005

I mentioned that I was having some success with using my 20d to scan
transparencies. The example is not from my M6, but I have others that are -
the first image is a RAW conversion, sharpened in CS2, Second a resized and
sharpened (not much difference) the third is from the 5400, note what looks
like dirt (this is at 5400 dpi with ICE etc) The final image is the 20d full
frame. The 5400 takes 6mins, 20d 1.3secs @ f16 - for transparencies the 20d
looks good enough and it is much more fun to spend time taking pictures than
scanning them.

 http://www.francis-web.com/Photography/Scanner/

Replies: Reply from msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad) ([Leica] OT: Minolta 5400 Scanner vs 20d)