Subject: [Leica] Some of a few recent shots from the UK
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Tue Aug 9 16:36:35 2005

Richard S. Taylor wrote:
> Good Lord!  How did you manage to carry all that gear?    ;-)

We have a native bearer - our son Florian (17)- no carry, no eat.

Seriously though, a map, a compass,tide tables,time of sunrise and sunset
and
sun elevation, plus knowing the area like the back of your hand can save a
lot
of weight on lenses that wouldn't be appropriate for the area or the
intended
subject.

Having been in Germany for such a long time nearly killed me on one trip, I
read
miles as kilometers and ended up walking nearly twice as far, all uphill.
Typical equipment:
For railway shots - 20D and 21 28 35 50
Landscapes and beach shots - 20D and 21 28 35 50
Sky and cloud details - 135 250 and 28-135 mostly taken out of the apartment
window overlooking the bay.

For the eventuality of something going wrong I also took along 2 film SLRs
as a
backup, a Leica R7 and the incredibly lightweight Canon EOS 500N (Rebel
something or other)one filled with Elite 100 and the other with Elite 200
Kodak
slide film.

#17 was taken with the 21mm close to the ground and angled upwards, I then
removed the distortion in PS

> By the way, having taken another look, #3 (Mist by the Huts - 2) really
> caught my eye.  It has a wonderful air of mystery about it.
The real mystery is that I can remember the bloke with the dog but I can't
for
the life of me remember having seen a young lady (very attractive in
close-up)
at all. I usually tend to notice things like that - strange.

Replies: Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] Some of a few recent shots from the UK)
Message from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Some of a few recent shots from the UK)
Message from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] Some of a few recent shots from the UK)