Subject: [Leica] Spacing between frames?
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Tue Aug 9 14:40:15 2005

Roger

 > The spacing between frames on my M6 Classic seems to be very "slim".

It has to be slim, max. 2mm, as the frame size is 36mm large and the
distance from one perforation hole to the 8th-next is about 38mm. On my M6
classic it's not slimmer than with the other cameras I have (RF and SLR);
but it's slightly varying depending which lens I use (wide or tele).

Machine scanners of mass labs can be quite imprecise even if the spacing on
the neg rolls is absolutely correct - so your kodak scans are not a
reference. I have received tons of offset scans in the past years. Even
when I manually scan myself it happens often. Bloody scanners.

But, if frames are overlapping, then there is really a problem in your
camera and you might better send it to a qualified repairman than trying to
repair it yourself?

Didier

Replies: Reply from leica35 at yahoo.com (Roger Bunting) ([Leica] Spacing between frames?)