Subject: [Leica] Best "table top" tripod?
From: mvolo at acpub.duke.edu (Michael Volow)
Date: Mon Aug 8 13:34:30 2005

Back in the late 1960's I acquired an Accura Clamp Pod. It was a flat piece
of metal with padded, sliding, viselike, jaws that would clamp rigidly but
gently onto anything up to 4" thick, and a marginal but useable ball joint
at the other end. I had both the Clamp pod and a lovely Leitz table top
tripod with the small Leitz ball joint. I found the clamp pod useful much
more of the time than the Leitz. It could convert anything into a useable
tripod substitute. (You had to really tighten the Clamp Pod ball joint and
make sure it wasn't vibrating). It was also slightly more compact to stow
than the Leitz products. Does anyone know of some up-to-date equivalents of
the Clamp Pod.