Subject: [Leica] Leica love fest... from Luminous Landscape!
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat Aug 6 09:40:29 2005

Jonathan,

There is no question that a digital SLR, not even full frame, is
superior to film in the situation you describe. My Canon 20D produces
images in dim light, with the ISO set at 1600, that are comparable if
not better than 400-speed film.

There is no doubt that a slow film like Fuji Acros, carefully exposed
and developed, can produce a better image than my Canon. But when the
light dims and the speeds go up to 800, 1600, or 3200, then there is no
contest--digital wins hands down. This is one of the reasons why I switched.

Nathan