Subject: [Leica] A car stopped in front of our house...
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Fri Aug 5 21:52:05 2005

It's noisy and polluting and it is cool as heck. It's a ~1911 Pierce Arrow.
The mechanic stopped in front of our house because the car needed some
adjusting. It looks quite humble and used, unlike the ones on this website
here: (not my pics :-) )
http://community.webshots.com/album/17910423SoZAUvvArl

Of course I asked him if I can take some pictures!

The engine, you can see the pistons moving up and down:
http://www.dragonsgate.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5240

The front grill. I love the headlights with old style glass front.
http://www.dragonsgate.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5241

The mechanic making some adjustments with the engine
http://www.dragonsgate.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5242

The lantern on the side next to the mirror
http://www.dragonsgate.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5243

Back view, I am not sure whether the buckets are seats or "luggage space."
http://www.dragonsgate.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5244

Notice the two spare tires on the side. I suppose you can't just get those
at any Firestone shop.
http://www.dragonsgate.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5245

The gas throttle is the small stick thing between the clutch and the brake.
Very simple gauges.
http://www.dragonsgate.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5246

The front undercarriage. The back wheel on the back is rotating. I guess it
connects to the drive shaft.
http://www.dragonsgate.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5247

I was so impressed that I forgot to take a picture as it drove off :-) Oh
well...

HP5+ @ASA800 (because that's what in the camera at that time). MP with
50/1.4ASPH

use richard at imagecraft.com)