Subject: [Leica] shino
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Wed Aug 3 19:54:49 2005

to answer such question, i find myself referring first to

Identifying Leica Lenses: The Complete Pocket Guide to Buying and Selling
Leica Lenses Like an Expert (Paperback)
by Ghester Sartorius

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0817440275/qid=1123123354/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_sbs_1/104-3539714-1634345?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

a compact book full of information about filter sizes, hoods, short mounts,
for all LTM, M, R and V lenses (up to 1999).  not an elegant coffee table
book like the lagers, but very handy and $23.50 on amazon.

according to the book:

SOONC summaron 35mm f/3.5
1st version (serial # to 1,423,140) A36
2nd version                         A39