Subject: [Leica] Re: Protecting your eyeglasses from your older M
From: azn at nemeng.com (Andrew Nemeth)
Date: Tue Aug 2 12:40:29 2005

On 03/08/2005, at 3:49 AM,  Grduprey@aol.com wrote:

>> unnecessary:  modern lenses are REALLY tough and if you guys are
>> buying
>> quality lenses, then Bob's your uncle.  If you are relying on the
>> latest
>> designer models for $1.99 at your village Econo-Mart, well, you pays
>> the
>> cheap price and you runs the risk of failure.
>

> Marc
>
> You obviously do not know what you are talking about.  I use the best
> plastic
> lenses with Titanium frames.  The frames hold up but I have yet to
> find any
> plastic lens that does not scratch.  My latest set scratched within
> the first
> week, and they are supposed to have the latest in anti scratch
> technology.

Completely agree Gene.  My $AUD 300 brand new Oakley sunglasses got
extra scratched when I introduced them to the metal eyepiece of my M3.

There are plenty of low cost solutions to prevent these kinds of
scratches.  My favourite is painting the eyepiece ring with Liquid
Electrical Tape (a black rubber compound).

<http://nemeng.com/leica/004ea.shtml>

FWIW, see also the M3 topic in the Leica FAQ, and scroll down to the
"Metal eyepiece ring scratches your glasses?" heading:

<http://nemeng.com/leica/002be.shtml>

Regards,

Andrew Nemeth
<http://leica.nemeng.com>