Subject: [Leica] RE: LUG, Dell Bashing!!!!
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Sat Jul 30 06:22:41 2005

If Jim's message is a motion, I second.

After using only IBMs since the start of PC's, on the recommendation of a
close friend and client who is an IT consultant to major New York City banks
and financial institutions, in 1998 I bought a Dell, maxed out in spec, that
he put together in my office. I used it and only it continuously until June
2004, in my law practice, personal communications and the 435,612 emails I
have had on the LUG   ;-)   Zero problems with hardware; occasional problems
with Microsoft, McAfee and Norton software. In June 2004 I replaced that
machine with my current Dell, also with maxed out spec, only because I
wanted the higher speed chip. Also got the twin mirror hard drives for
additional internal backup. Being the almost ultimate non-techie, I had a
Dell person come to my office to assemble the new machine and migrate safely
all of my law practice and personal files. No problem. Gave my old Dell to
my daughter who is far more computer-literate than me. She has used it for
the last 14 months without problem.

Reading this thread has been scary. Why I wrote Mike Herring about
constructing a (costly) custom and bullet-proof machine.

As a practicing lawyer, I cannot afford to have my machine go down. Jim's
message gives me a little bit of cold comfort. Thanks, Jim.

Seth