Subject: [Leica] By Jupiter!
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Jul 26 12:43:19 2005

I've been working as a school manager for Gothia Cup. Gothia Cup is a
tournament involving 1600 youth teams (football) from around the
world. 29 were living at the school my wife and I were managers for.
We live at the school for 8 days, 24 hours a day and solve a problem
or two that crops up when you have to make sure 600 people enjoy
themselves.

Anyway ... back home now and played around with Jupiter (Jupiter-8).
The Elmar is nice, but it is slow.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/By-Jupiter

I think it does just fine wide-open at close focusing range:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/By-Jupiter/05v30_0003
http://gallery.leica-users.org/By-Jupiter/05v30_0010
http://gallery.leica-users.org/By-Jupiter/05v30_0005
(sometime I think the only thing the family does is sit around the
kitchen table, eating cookies and reading newspapers)

Not bad under normal circumstances either:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/By-Jupiter/05v30_0002

One thing led to another, commie glass led to commie cameras etc etc.
I'm on vacation, so it's a way to play around.

Best,
Daniel

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] By Jupiter!)