Subject: [Leica] Family "Outing"
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon Jul 25 23:32:22 2005

Sometimes it is hard to get a technically perfect shot of a moving
scene. I like Roger's picture too, despite the grain and other
imperfections. One of my most treasured photo-related possessions is an
original Ted Grant print of his photo of Pierre Trudeau sliding down the
banister. That image is certainly far from technically perfect; but it
is nonetheless a very powerful testimony to a great photographer.

Regarding Mapplethorpe, I did see an exhibit of his in Denmark a few
years ago, very complete in terms of his body of work--meaning that
there were many decidedly "non-sterile" images. While I have no
particular affinity for that subject matter, the technical quality and
composition of the images was exquisite.

Nathan