Subject: [Leica] Leica love fest... from Luminous Landscape!
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon Jul 25 22:05:22 2005

While nobody will dispute the excellence of Leica glass and the beauty
of the Leica M concept (that is after all why most of us are here), I
don't think the article is particularly good, and the photos used to
illustrate it are mediocre at best (actually I think they are pretty awful).

I too used to think that digital cameras are complex, but guess what--it
is up to you to decide how complex you want to make it. The only time I
even go into the menus of my 20D is when I put in a new flash card, to
format it. Otherwise, the settings have been unchanged since I bought
the camera in October 2004; the controls I use are to set the cameras on
aperture priority or occasionally on manual (same as on the M7); I
change the aperture as needed (same as on the M7, except that the
aperture ring is a wheel on top of the camera) and shutter speed when
shooting on manual (again, same as the M7 except that it is done with a
wheel on the camera body instead of a dial). That's it. I don't see
anything complicated here.

Oh yes, I do change the ISO speed when needed. It requires pushing one
button and then turning a wheel until the desired speed is set. Takes
about 2 seconds. I don't remember being able to change film that quickly ;-)

Nathan