Subject: [Leica] Visoflex issues and concerns
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Sun Jul 24 16:25:35 2005

i responded yesterday:

 Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 10:08:12 -0400
  From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com>

  i've done it twice.  do it in a shoebox or something similar.  there
  are four springs underneath 4 ball bearings, and it is possible that
  they can get lost when removing the cover.  the parts won't spring apart
  with the great explosive energy which you imagine and there aren't that
  many of them.  also, make sure the new screen
  and glass cover are well centered in the holder, or the glass cover
  may crack when you tighten down the screws.

  by the way, brightscreen stocks several models for the visoflex:

  http://www.brightscreen.com/styles.html

  NUMBER 1. PLAIN MATTE
  NUMBER 2. MICROPRISM SPOT CENTER
  NUMBER 4. SPLIT IMAGE WITH MICROPRISM COLLAR
  NUMBER 6. PLAIN MATTE WITH GRID

  Camera Type             #1      #2      #3      #4      #5      #6
  Leica visoflex          p411    p412    n/a     p414h   n/a     p416

  -rei

p.s. when you take the meter reading, do you raise the mirror?
remember that in the down position (for viewing) it is completely
blocking the camera's sensors.

you shouldn't have to compensate because the reading is through the
lens, and the viso body is not an  "extension tube" in that it
allows for infinity focus.