Subject: [Leica] What happens with b&w C-41 scanned @ Costco 1hr lab?
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Fri Jul 22 16:34:32 2005

Depends on what machine they have, but newer Fuji and Noritsu machines can
scan in BW. I have my 400BWcn scanned at high res which allows at 8x10 print
without allot of PS work. I'd recommend using Kodak C-41 BW, it's thicker
than Ilford XP2 and less prone to scratching. Plus it handles scanning very
well.

Just be careful with 1hr labs, they do not tend to care about they're
processing as much as a pro lab will.

The Monica Dimage and Nikon scanners will allow higher res scans if larger
prints are needed.

Chris